Why NKT®? (NeuroKinetic Therapy)
NKT® (NeuroKinetic Therapy) is an innovative method of manual therapy which utilizes manual muscle testing to assess and correct dysfunctions of the coordination system of the brain. These dysfunctions commonly result from traumatic injury, over-use, under-use, repetitive stress, postural stress, etc and they ultimately get in the way of proper movement. They are eliminated resulting in immediate correction of imbalances and compensation patterns.
NKT® works with the body’s organizational intelligence, addressing pain at its source: the motor control center of the brain. Practitioners can quickly and accurately correct the dysfunctional postural and movement patterns that are the source of most mystifying chronic pain and degeneration.
Most musculoskeletal pain is caused by imbalances of neurologic origin. some muscles are over-stimulated, others under-stimulated. With specific testing, practitioners are able to detect and correct these patterns. This process allows NKT® to yield faster and longer-lasting results than many other techniques.
Some of the benefits of NKT® include:
- Uses muscle testing to locate the source of the problem
- Achieves faster, longer-lasting results than many methods
- Eliminates enduring patterns of dysfunction from old injuries
- Reduce the effects of repetitive stress injuries
- Enhances athletic performance
- Quickly improves muscle coordination
- Increases range of motion, energy, strength and stamina throughout the body
- Work is done with clothes on for maximum comfort
- Coupled with corrective exercises for maximum benefit
NKT® uses strategy, not force to achieve results. It can provide solutions for conditions that have not responded to previous treatments. This advanced therapy blends well with and is the perfect adjunct to other treatments such as chiropractic, physical therapy and acupuncture.