Like most injuries to the body, shoulder pain comes in various forms and affects various kinds of people. Our Deep Tissue Massage Therapy treatments work in combination with our soft tissue solutions to find the best approach to minimizing your shoulder pain and maximizing your results.
At R3 Integrative Health, we offer safe, natural solutions that nurture an empowered body. We don’t want our patients living with shoulder pain, no matter how insignificant they believe it to be. It’s important to understand that when pain goes untreated, the opportunity for additional risk and injury is increased.
Don’t keep missing out on the quality of life you once knew. It’s closer than you think.
Call our Deep Tissue Massage Therapy clinic in Moncton today to learn more and schedule a visit.
We’ve aided in the recovery of countless shoulder injuries and have successfully determined the underlying cause of pain to ensure it doesn’t come back. Most of the patients we work with have pain stemming from shoulder muscle overuse, joint injury, or the rotator cuff.
However, we always take a full-body screening of each patient to find the exact nature of the injury. In some cases, the shoulder is experiencing pain due to trauma in other areas such as the cervical spine (neck) or back.
Understanding rotator cuff anatomy
The rotator cuff describes a section of four muscles that keep your shoulder held together in its shallow socket while larger muscles move it.
Strains and injuries in the rotator cuff are typically the most common cause of people experiencing shoulder problems, accounting for 4.5 million doctor visits per year. Pain is usually found in the front and outside of your shoulder but can also radiate down your arm.
Injuries are classified by the amount of damage:
- Partial tear: the result of one side of your tendon being partially frayed
- Full-thickness tear or complete tear: when there is a hole or slit in your tendon, much like what would be created by running a knife length-wise down a rope.
- Rupture: the most severe form of injury occurring when your tendon has been torn into two pieces
- Other common reasons you may suffer from shoulder pain include:
- Impingement or a pinched nerve
- Tear or bruising in soft tissue
- Frozen shoulder
- Cartilage tear
- Herniated disc
Some of the reasons you may be experiencing shoulder pain include:
- Job-related physical work (construction workers, carpenters, painters, car washers, landscapers)
- Sport-related injuries (archery, tennis, volleyball, fly fishing, baseball, heavy weightlifting)
- Muscle and joint overuse
- Poor posture
- Old injuries
- Chronic injuries
Upon determining the source of your pain, we’ll create a unique program built around your specific goals and needs. Your health is our priority, and we want to see your body working at its highest potential.
Many of our patients come to us because they haven’t found an adequate solution to their shoulder pain. We specialize in the more challenging processes and use Deep Tissue Massage Therapy supported by other safe, non-invasive, and natural treatments to find the fastest solution to your discomfort.
Those suffering from shoulder pain often visit our clinic due to:
- Dull throbbing in the shoulder while at rest
- Pain or weakness after hearing a snapping or tearing sound
- Radiating pain starting at the shoulder and continuing in the neck, arm, or back
- Loss of range of motion, flexibility, or movement
- Discomfort when throwing, lifting, or repetitive actions during a sport or job
- Difficulty comfortably sleeping
- Discomfort performing daily activities such as making the bed or putting on a shirt
Symptoms are usually aggravated by overhead activity and may progress to the point that you have difficulty raising your arm overhead. Pain is typically made worse at night, especially when you lie on the impacted area of your shoulder. Be sure to tell us if you suffer from significant neck pain, shortness of breath, chest pain, or chest pressure.
Finding holistic, comprehensive, intentional methods with which our patients are comfortable is key to their success.
Our treatments will effectively treat:
- Shoulder stiffness
- Shoulder pain during physical activity
- Shoulder pain while working at your workstation
- Shoulder pain while inactive
- Shoulder tightness
- Text neck
- Muscle fatigue, weakness, and spasms
- Loss of range of motion
- Reduction in mobility or flexibility
- Shoulder sprain or strain
Whatever your level of discomfort, our team wants to give you our full support and find a speedy, effective recovery plan that keeps your pain away for good.
Young patients who have suffered an acute tear or rupture in many cases will require surgery, while most others will benefit from conservative treatments, such as those offered in our Moncton Massage Therapy clinic.
Some of our solutions to shoulder pain include:
- Class 4 deep tissue laser therapy
- Deep tissue massage therapy
- Massage therapy
- Graston Technique (Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization- IASTM)
- Neuro-Kinetic Therapy (NKT)
- Proprioceptive Deep Tissue Tendon Reflex (P-DTR)
- Shockwave Therapy
- Exercises and stretching techniques
Depending on how severe your shoulder injury is, we may advise you to do any number of the following while at home during your everyday activities:
- Limit your activity for a period of time, especially lifting or movements that cause pain
- Avoid painful overhead activity or carrying heavy objects
- Sleep on the unaffected side with a pillow between arm and trunk
- Quit smoking
- Apply ice for 15-20 minutes an hour following acute injuries
- Heat may be helpful after several days or for more chronic origins of pain
- Apply sports cream to maximize comfort
- Yoga or other forms of exercise and stretching
Being healthy and pain-free is good for the body, mind, and soul. When our physical injuries take over, the rest of us can quickly fall out of balance. Let us help you find the quality of life you deserve.
Even minimal discomfort can take a toll on your everyday routine, and before you know it, the problem has escalated. Visiting our Moncton Massage Therapy clinic for your shoulder pain is a responsible step in your recovery process.
Our R3 treatments offer an array of benefits for your overall wellness, including:
- Reduction of discomfort or pain
- Improved range of motion and movement
- Improved sleep quality
- More active lifestyle, more energy
- Improved overall body health and strength
- Improved recovery process
- Improved joint health and function
- Improved quality of life
Don’t let your shoulder pain get any worse; let us help find the cause and end your pain starting today. Call us to learn how.