The technique uses specially-designed stainless steel instruments, to specifically detect areas of soft tissue tension, fibrosis, or chronic inflammation. The instruments also are used to follow the chain of interconnected tissues, to properly locate and treat the cause of the symptom as well as the specific area of pain.
Originally developed by athletes, Graston Technique is a unique evidence-based form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that benefits the patient by;
- Decreasing overall time of treatment
- Speeding recovery
- Reducing the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolving chronic regions of adhesion or soft tissue tension
- Conditions that have been shown to be managed effectively with Graston Technique include the following;
- Neck pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Achilles Tendonosis
- Shin Splints
- Back Pain
- Plantar Faciitis
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Disorders)
- Trigger Finger
Graston Technique can be provided as a stand-alone treatment or as a modality to additional approaches, however in our practice we integrate Graston Technique into each R3 Therapy Session (depending on the needs of the client). By utilizing these instruments, we are able to achieve quick and unparalleled results that hands alone could simply not! It saves the practitioner’s hands, and offers superior results -everyone wins.
For any questions you may have regarding this technique, please contact us here.